While Cannabis is usually known for its medical and recreational uses, people get amused knowing about its skincare benefits. In this article, we will talk about CBD, one of the compounds obtained from cannabis which has set a benchmark for skincare products worldwide.
CBD skincare products come in every form, from creams to oils, tinctures to cosmetics, and chocolates to gummies. Along with their skin benefits, they provide many health benefits too.
But before diving into the benefits of CBD, let’s get to know what CBD is:
What is CBD?
- CBD stands for Cannabidiol which is a chemical compound occurring naturally on earth. It is extracted from the Cannabis sativa plant. It is the second most common of the active ingredients of cannabis.
Does CBD get you high?
- Cannabis contains many types of chemical compounds, CBD and THC are two primary active ingredients among all.
- About CBD, many people think, "CBD is cannabis, and the person consuming the same would get high" but that's a myth.
- On the other hand, THC is an abbreviated form of Tetrahydrocannabinol. It is known for its psychoactive properties. Consumption of THC produces a feeling of euphoria or pleasure which is considered as getting high. Many people confuse CBD with THC as they are both very similar in chemical structures. But CBD has non-psychoactive properties which means you won't get high.
- Besides, THC has many positive effects on your body like helping people with anxiety and depression. As CBD is extracted from the hemp plant, it contains a negligible amount of THC which is no more than 0.3 percent and that's certainly not enough to create psychoactive symptoms.
Is CBD legal?
- CBD is a chemical compound found from the cannabis plant and you might think, cannabis is illegal. Well, that’s 100 percent true. But CBD in particular is legalized in most parts of the world. The health and skin benefits provided by CBD has marked the attention of many countries.
- Though the legalization is not straightforward, different laws and restrictions are imposed on the usage and regulation of CBD in different countries. Such as one can not plant cannabis plants at his residence and manufacture CBD on his own.
CBD benefits on health:
Reduces anxiety and depression:
- Anxiety and stress have become an unwanted part of our daily lives. The major cause of the stress might be an increased workload. Anxiety disorders seem small at first but become chronic with time if you don’t take proper treatment. Anxiety and depression can cause severe problems like heart disease, digestive problems, weakening of the immune system, and muscular tensions.
- CBD products have proved effective against anxiety. Evidence shows that CBD combats anxiety by stimulating neurotransmitters such as serotonin (responsible for happiness). CBD specifically binds to 5-HT1A which is also the target site of many other anti-anxiety drugs as this site is one of the receptors of serotonin.
Effective against epilepsy:
- Epilepsy is a medical condition in which the patient experiences seizures which is due to disturbance in nerve cell activity in the brain. CBD cures epilepsy as many CBD-based drugs have arrived in the market which are approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
Benefits of CBD skincare products on skin:
CBD has marked the attention of skincare enthusiasts all over the world. Its effectiveness in solving major skin problems has forced many companies to manufacture CBD products.
1. Fight against acne:
- Acne is not a new term for this generation. A person can experience acne at any age. Acne tends to be worse for people with oily skin. It can be a source of irritation and can be painful sometimes. There are many causes for acne, it can be due to hormonal imbalance, an unhealthy diet, and improper skin care.
- The major cause of acne production is an excess sebum formation. Sebum consists of fat and keratins which are a secretion of sebaceous glands of the skin. Sebum protects the skin but this mixture gets trapped inside a pore which leads to clogging if it is produced excessively and if it gets mixed with dead skin cells.
- CBD skin care products are proven effective against acne as they have anti-inflammatory properties and reduce the excess secretion of sebum from the sebaceous gland.
- Products such as Naysa Vitamin C Serum which contain 20 mg CBD can help diminish the chances of acne. They also reduce the redness caused due to acne breakout. The presence of Vitamin C makes them effective against acne, as they have strong inflammatory properties.
2. Combats wrinkles and aging:
- Aging is a natural process. As a person grows old, wrinkles start to appear on the body. Wrinkles can also appear before attaining a particular age and they can make you look way older than your actual age.
- These are usually caused by harmful ultraviolet radiation which speeds up the natural aging process leading to loss of elasticity of skin and breakage of collagen fibers causing wrinkles.
- CBD helps in such situations as it is obtained from a plant. Hence it contains powerful antioxidants which slows the breakdown of collagen fibers in the skin. Antioxidants work against free radicals because they break the collagen fiber and many skin tissues.
- There are several creams such as Naysa Overnight Rejuvenation Cream which contain antioxidants as well as anti-aging properties. It helps in fighting against wrinkles and make you look young again.
3. Protection from dry skin:
- The loss of moisture from the uppermost layers of the skin causes dry skin. There may be many other reasons for dry skin like low levels of humidity in the environment, less oily skin, dry climate, and aging.
- Dry skin leads to many skin diseases, one of the major diseases is Eczema or Atopic dermatitis which is a non-contagious chronic inflammation of the skin. This can cause redness, itching, and cracking.
- CBD skin products make the skin oily by stimulating the sebaceous gland.
- You can take the help of Naysa Ultra-Moisturising Body Butter and Naysa Daily Skin Renewal Cream as they have non-inflammatory properties which keep your skin moisturized.
Overall, CBD is truly a boon for skincare health. We hope you found this article helpful. At Daily Essentials, you can buy CBD skincare products from our website. We provide products of unmatched quality with an equally unmatchable price.
Give us a call. We’ll be happy to hear from your side.